BORN: Cordeirópolis, SP (Brazil) - 25.1.1915
FINAL PROFESSION: Rio Claro, SP - 15.9.1937
ORDAINED: Ribeirão Preto, SP - 15.8.1939
DIED: S. Caetano do Sul, SP - 8.9.1993
Fr Paolo was baptised by Fr Enrico Adami who had just moved from Italy to Brazil. In 1926 he entered our Congregation at Rio Claro as an aspirant. He became a parish priest, a parish vicar, a teacher, a formator and a novice master. He worked in the communities of Rio Claro, Uberaba, Barretos, Mooca in S. Paulo, Campinas, S. Caetano do Sul. He was particularly gifted in construction with the ability of restoring old buildings. Among his achievements we have the “Educandario” for the poor children of Barretos, the chapel of the Sacred Stigmata at Chàcara do Vovò in Campinas. and he excelled also in knowing how to direct and to help the spiritual growth of everybody. He loved discipline, he had an unshakeable faith and a deep humility. He was sympathetic with the needs of people and available for any kind of ministry. He knew and appreciated our sound traditions and he had a constant smile on his face which was the sign of his fraternal hospitality. He intensely loved the Founder’s spirit and tirelessly spread among people the knowledge of his life and virtues. He was also devoted to Our Lady: he was blessed with the grace of dying on the feast of Our Lady’s Nativity.