At 10 he entered our Stigmatine seminary of Verona. After his final profession in 1940 he was sent to Rome to complete his philosophical studies at Gregorian university and his theological studies at the Angelicum university where he graduated “summa cum laude”. He was ordained priest in 1942 in his own village of Cavedine by the hands of the Stigmatine bishop Carlo de Ferrari. After his ordination he was sent to Verona to teach theology to our professed students.
At only 33 years he was elected superior of the Apostolic School, and became in Verona a point of reference for those interested in ecclesiastical culture.
In 1965, together with some other clerics, Fr Ignatius initiated the St Zeno Theological Institute for the formation of diocesan and religious seminarians in the spirit of the Second Vatican Council. He became also one of those who favoured the opening of theology to the Laity, and he was called in many parts of the diocese for conferences and debates.
In 1972 he felt called to a new mission in the region of Southern Italy, living in the communities of Salerno, Crotone, Bari and Sapri.
He was an intelligent and wise priest who lived what he preached and taught. He was the first superior provincial of the Province of “Santa Maria della Speranza”.
He loved intensely our Founder and the Congregation. Beside his dissertation on the Five Wounds, for his degree in theology, his work of art was the “Grammatica of Don Gaspare” – a collection of writings of our Founder.